An Indigenous person is defined as First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples of Canada. This also includes Indigenous Peoples from around the globe.
We’re looking for a variety of programming in English, French and Indigenous languages.
In addition, APTN occasionally seeks programming for special occasions such as National Indigenous Peoples Day or National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
APTN acquires feature films, television series (drama, documentary and reality), documentaries (feature length or 1-hour) and shorts (drama, experimental, animation or documentary). Selections are based on inventory and scheduling needs.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about submission requirements.
Acquisitions Submissions Guidelines
In order to properly assess your program, please submit a screening link (or DVD screener copy) along with the APTN Acquisitions Form.
- All titles over five minutes in length requires CRTC Certification.
- Errors & Omissions (E&O) insurance is preferred, however, APTN may choose to waive E&O insurance requirements.
- English and French language programs must be closed captioned and have described video per our CRTC Condition of License.
Forms to submit and information to factor into your proposal:
- APTN Acquisitions Form
- APTN Technical Program Delivery Standards
- APTN Acquisitions Promotional Material Guidelines
WHERE TO SUBMIT
Manager of Acquisitions, APTN
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 880
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4
Phone: (613) 567-1550
Toll-free: 1-866-278-8861 ext. 228