September 21, 2020
APTN is excited to announce its fall 2020 schedule – a season filled with authentic new educational programming and the latest seasons of returning favourites. APTN is committed to revitalizing Indigenous languages and cultures while providing learning opportunities for viewers through television. Audiences can also expect new binge-worthy series to roll out throughout the season on the network’s growing Indigenous-focused streaming service, APTN lumi.
“APTN’s fall schedule features a multitude of educational programming, with distinctly Indigenous perspectives,” said Danielle Audette, acting executive director or programming and scheduling at APTN. “We are excited to debut a variety of educational content that families can grow with.”
The new season will roll out on APTN from September to the end of December and will include the following programs:
- Chuck and the First Peoples’ Kitchen – Season 1 (Premieres in English Sept. 10, 2020; in French Sept. 14, 2020)
- nîpawistamâsowin: We Will Stand Up (Premieres Sept. 13, 2020)
- The Other Side – Season 6 (Premieres Oct. 28, 2020)
- Nations at War – Season 2 (Premieres in Coast Salish Sept. 18, 2020; in English Sept. 19, 2020)
- Wentworth – Season 8 (Premieres Sept. 24, 2020)
- Spirit Talker (Premieres in Mi’kmaq Sept. 15, 2020)
Riverdale, Mystery Road, Petroglyphs to Pixels, a unique winter solstice edition of APTN Indigenous Day Live and special programming in celebration of APTN National News 20th anniversary also join the lineup this fall. For the complete fall 2020 schedule, visit APTN’s website.
Read the full press release announcing the fall 2020 schedule here.
Visit our show pages for more information and promotional material on APTN’s featured shows.