A strong company culture with excellent benefits cultivates a positive and fulfilling work environment, fostering creativity and growth.
Our benefits often exceed those offered by many other companies and are designed to keep you and your family healthy – physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially.
Our impressive employee benefits include:
- Group insurance and pension
- Maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- 100% of the premiums associated with you and your dependents’ basic health benefits paid by APTN
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation days, float days, nine federal statutory holidays, and additional National Indigenous Peoples Day and Louis Riel Day
- Engaged workforce
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Northern allowance for employees working in designated areas
- Iqaluit employees receive a housing allowance
Training and Development
- Support career development that builds professional status within the broadcasting industry
- Strongly encourage training and development with proven positive results.
- Consider ourselves “incubators” of Indigenous talent
- Career planning services
- Subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation
- Formal mentoring
- In-house training
- External training & professional association activities
- Our Long Service Awards Program recognizes employees who have reached service milestones. Starting at 5 years up to a maximum of 25 years
- Supporting Indigenous Culture and Community Spirit
- Traditional Star Blanket, for employees who have reached a 10 year milestone. Customized with colours distinct to the employee.
- Employee camaraderie is strongly promoted through fun and dynamic social events that create community spirit.
- Examples of fun events include:
- Children’s Christmas party with Santa
- Employee breakfast, auction prize proceeds donated to a local hamper drive
- Pancake breakfasts, cooked by Senior Management
- Halloween costume and decorating challenge
- Valentine’s Day and Easter basket draws
- Pay day 50/50s
- We encourage employees to develop an awareness and understanding of our responsibility to support and strengthen our communities.
How we support our communities:
- Volunteering for United Way
- Blood donations, hampers for dog rescues, and food donations
- Gifts and monetary donations to families during the holiday season through the Christmas Cheer Board, Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc. and The Broadway Neighbourhood Centre.
- We also collect pledges and participate in a variety of walks, to support the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba, Resource Assistance for Youth, Inc., the AIDS Walk and many more.
At our headquarters in Winnipeg:
- The outside view of our head office has a distinct copper canopy overhanging the sidewalk. Granite from the existing structure was carefully chosen so there is a seamless transition between the two buildings.
- Our new main entrance features a lounge area, TV wall with nine flat screens showcasing four channels of APTN programming, internal employee and guest communication display screen. This screen highlights employee recognition, long service team members, furry friends of APTN and special events.
- Our maple wrapped circular studio and APTN National News workspace features four directions artifacts which represent indigenous cultures.
- Our News, Investigative and Technical teams are united in a fresh, open concept work area which fosters a symbiotic relationship among departments.
- The interior walls of our existing office space are painted using an Indigenous color-scheme (blue, red, yellow).
- Our boardroom features a custom made round table that is designed to reflect the traditional medicine wheel.
- The lunch room has been updated with new cabinetry, appliances and a healthy vending machine