Video Journalist – Northern Ontario (Home Based)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you enjoy variety, thinking outside the box and getting creative with your work? Do you value your independence, enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for “the shot”? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
• Use HD technology and remote transmission equipment to feed quality stories to the desk in Winnipeg;
• Allow your creativity and professionalism to shine by showcasing original story ideas that will be viewed on multiple platforms;
• Cover daily news events, pitch original story ideas for APTN National News and Current Affairs;
• Excel at working independently from your home in Northern Ontario while you get to shoot, write and edit your own stories;
• Thrive under pressure as you meet daily deadlines.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A degree/diploma in journalism or related field with proven experience related to journalism;
• Hands on experience with news line-up script software, broadcast HD cameras and AVID editing;
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology;
• A valid driver’s license, clear driver’s abstract, and a vehicle, since you’ll be travelling to obtain exciting stories;
• Air Travel to remote communities periodically required;
• A strong spirit of collaboration, dependability, positivity and a love what you do attitude.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Friday, June 5, 2020.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.