Studio Tech Camera Editor – Saskatoon
Application Deadline 02/06/2019
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you enjoy chasing the story, being creative with your work and showcasing your passion for the industry? Do you value your independence; enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for the “shot”? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
- Join APTN, one of Canada’s top employers;
- Cover a variety of shoots, including political stories, current events, rallies/protests and cultural festivals;
- Meet and develop new contacts, as you travel nearby and to remote communities;
- Use HD technology;
- Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
- Showcase great time management skills as you juggle multiple deadlines;
- Collaborate with team members and work well independently;
- Demonstrate strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues;
- Receive full technical support from our Winnipeg broadcast technicians.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A diploma or certificate in a related discipline with proven current daily News broadcast experience;
- Hands on experience with Sony XDCAM equipment, audio boards, ENG lighting techniques and various Avid editing platforms;
- A valid driver’s license and a clear driver’s abstract;
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
- Strong computer/internet/social media familiarity and knowledge of broadcast technology/troubleshooting;
- A strong spirit of collaboration, dependability, positivity and a “love what you do” attitude.
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please include a link to your demo, with application.
Apply before Wednesday, February 6, 2019.