Senior Revenue and Business Development Analyst (Toronto)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you like crunching numbers and analyzing trends to increase business? Want to support Canada’s national Indigenous broadcaster with your entrepreneurial savvy? Are you keen on working both within your department and across the organization to achieve long term goals? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
• Join APTN, one of Canada’s top employers;
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify and develop new sales strategies and revenue growth opportunities;
• Enhances existing revenue streams by increasing sales through the development execution of new ad strategic sales tactics, while maintaining excellent rapport and business relationships;
• Analyzes and develop ratings/audience estimates/projections for sales purposes;
• Manages post analysis for sales campaigns;
• Works closely with Programming as well as Scheduling/Traffic to analyze program schedules. Discovers new business opportunities and sales approaches;
• Designs, executes, analyzes and presents a variety of reports to both internal and external stakeholders;
• Ongoing analysis to continue to evolve revenue maximization as well as audience growth;
• Responsible for overseeing Adsales, organizing testing, documenting bugs and resolving issues;
• Supports the sales initiatives of APTN;
• Assists with the preparation of an annual work plan, budget, cash flow projections and accrual reports;
• Monitors developing external trends, policies, programs and issues with actual or potential impact for APTN;
• Reviews all sales activities, targets, and strategies in order to maximize results;
• Ensures customer needs are effectively met and builds productive customer relationships;
• Delivers ongoing “market intelligence” and assessment of competitors, with a focus on the future and value creation, to senior management;
• Travel may be required and valid driver’s license is required.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline with proven related experience;
• Strong background in broadcast research and revenue management;
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), particularly with Excel;
• Knowledge of Adsales, Infosys, and Vivadata;
• Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives is an asset;
• Knowledge of French or at least one Indigenous language would be an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current Covid-19 environment- all interviews will be held via teleconference.