Reporter/Correspondent – Ottawa (aptnnews.ca)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
• Work closely with the Social Media Producer to generate online stories and social media content;
• Research and write original stories for aptnnews.ca, daily news as well as investigative online pieces;
• Remain current on National issues relevant to Indigenous Peoples;
• Collaborate with team members and bring forward fresh concepts for aptnnews.ca;
• Coordinate a variety of interactive social media and online print elements.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A diploma or certificate in a related discipline and proven relatable experience;
• Journalism experience in a writing capacity;
• Knowledge of CP style;
• Strong working knowledge and ability to keep current with social media trends;
• Experience with WordPress and Brightcove or other website software;
• A sensitivity and understanding of Indigenous culture and the ability to articulate issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
• A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract, there may be some travel.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Friday October 11, 2019.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.