Programming Coordinator-Acquisitions (Canada-wide)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, We share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Are you committed to celebrating and promoting a stronger Indigenous production community? Do you want to be part of showcasing distinctive Indigenous content produced by, for and about Indigenous People? Êtes-vous capable de communiquer en couramment le français et en anglais? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
• Coordinates deliverables, ensuring that all delivery materials and invoices arrive according to licence agreements; follows up with Licensors regarding any outstanding materials;
• Ensures that the quality of masters meets technical requirements; follows up on any fault reports;
• Drafts agreements and other required paperwork;
• Maintains the program database, which includes information on all acquisitions licence agreements and stages of delivery;
• Tracks submissions and correspondence with distributors/producers;
• Reviews and researches distributor titles for potential acquisition. Makes recommendations;
• Screens and evaluates potential acquisitions;
• Works closely with the Marketing department to support promotional needs, and ensures all promotional materials are received and meet guidelines;
• Drafts RFQs to solicit services for closed captioning and described video. Tracks and ensures that work completed by contractors is fulfilled and on time.
Education & Experience:
• A degree or diploma in a relevant discipline combined with proven related experience (ie: independent production or distribution)
• Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives and languages is an asset;
• Fluency in written and verbal French is an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers! Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Tuesday, September 7, 2021
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment- all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.