PM Drive Host for FPR Radio
Are you ready for prime time?
FPR (First Peoples Radio) is looking for a dynamic P.M. Drive personality to join our Ottawa team.
• Represents FPR by serving as on air personality, and as a representative, seeks to maintain the excellent reputation of FPR radio at all times;
• Assists the Operations Manager with organizing and participating in the planning of materials for broadcast;
• Performs the afternoon drive show from 3pm to 7pm Monday to Friday;
• Does one Voice Track shift for the weekend;
• Interviews guests, celebrities, music artists, community representatives, etc, both on & off air; prepares background notes and questions;
• Assists the Operations Manager with marketing and promotions show strategies including new program ideas;
• Collaborates with the Production Manager to record commercials and promos;
• Communicates topical and timely creative ideas to achieve better and relevant on air content;
• Monitors national and local news and events for relevancy and stays informed on current and emerging issues;
• Remains aware of all National issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
• Ensures the equipment being used in in proper operating condition and makes regular checks;
• Does external marketing and station promotion work;
• Monitors social media for requests, birthdays and new listener information;
• Helps to assure that stations website is maintained at the highest standard.
Requirements & Experience:
• A degree /diploma in a relevant discipline and 2-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Exceptional verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to share timely ideas, current events and concepts with a diverse audience;
• Experience doing an Afternoon Morning Show in a medium to major market;
• Experience as an on stage performer and/or musician is an asset;
• Experience with Music Master software is an asset;
• Experience with an Indigenous organization, language and culture is an asset;
• Proficiency with Wide Orbit automation system, Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software is required.
Please email your application by June 21, 2019 to Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file FPR – 00013.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicant to apply.