If you are interested in gaining practical work experience that will expose you to the real world of television broadcasting in a fast paced news reporting setting, then APTN’s Internship Program is for you! You’ll have the opportunity to put what you’ve learned into practice, build your contact list and further develop the skills necessary to have a successful career in television broadcasting.
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers, APTN is proud to play an important role in supporting the development and future careers of Aboriginal students in the television broadcasting industry.
- Be a First Nations, Inuit or Métis permanent resident of Canada
- Have a desire to follow a career path in the television broadcast industry
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary Journalism or Television Broadcasting Program at an accredited Canadian institution, preferably in the final year of studies.
- Commit to a defined timeframe on a full time basis at APTN.
This position is paid and may potentially lead to continued employment at APTN.
When applying for the Internship Program, you must provide:
- Current resume
- Copy of official transcript of most recent marks
- Proof of current registration in a full-time post-secondary Journalism or Television Broadcasting Program at an accredited Canadian institution
- One page statement of approximately 500 words outlining your education, experience and career goals
- You may also submit any letters of recommendation that you believe may be useful to your application.
There is no deadline date for the Internship Program.