Master Control Operator (Casual) – Winnipeg
Do you want to make your mark on Indigenous story telling? APTN is looking for a casual Master Control Operator. Our Operations team is an integral part of putting our Peoples stories on the air on a daily basis. Join our team and find out why APTN is one of Canada’s top employers.
Highlights of this opportunity:
• Operate a variety of existing and new automation systems;
• Monitor audio and video quality of all linear and non-linear programming;
• Review daily broadcast logs and manually adjust play lists as required to ensure proper network program timing according to schedule;
• Work closely and communicate with other related departments, specifically News & Current Affairs, Broadcast Technology, as well as Scheduling & Traffic, for quality assurance and control;
• Ensure smooth presentation of weather interstitials and snipes when required.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline with proven, related experience;
• Proficiency with internet, MS office and broadcast industry technology and solid keyboarding skills;
• The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 environment;
• Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment;
• Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives is an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Thursday, June 23, 2022.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.