Manager of Original Programming-Eastern Region (Montreal)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, We share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
APTN is seeking a top performer who is committed to celebrating and promoting a stronger Indigenous production community. Do you want to be part of showcasing distinctive Indigenous content produced by, for and about Indigenous Peoples? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
• Provides leadership, guidance, development, and supervision to direct reports including related HR functions;
• Recommends original programming based on APTN strategic plan and in accordance with the CRTC broadcast license;
• Manages all development and independently produced programs as well as Member Societies programming from the respective Region, according to the strategic plan;
• Reviews, evaluates and recommends project proposals, makes content and financial decisions, negotiates principle terms;
• Guides and monitors the implementation of original content;
• Represents APTN at Production Industry Festivals, seminars and other opportunities for television industry outreach including funding agencies and viewers;
• Asserts Programming Department interests by receiving pitches, visiting production sets and production facilities;
• Approves scripts, rough and final cuts, promotional materials and all other associated deliverables;
• Participates in speaking engagements;
• Sources and scouts Indigenous talent;
• Ensures compliance with funding bodies submission deadlines;
• Assists with the preparation of project plans and budgets;
• Ensures that programming expenditures remain within budget limits, finance cash flow and approves invoices for every drawdown;
• Travel will be required, as assigned.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post secondary education in a relevant discipline and 5 years related experience (production, communication or business); or equivalent combination of education, experience, and traditional knowledge;
• Fluency in written and verbal French and English is mandatory;
• Broadcast industry knowledge is required;
• Supervisory or managerial experience is required;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Friday, June 25, 2021.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.