Broadcast Technologist (Winnipeg)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Are you ready to take APTN to the next level while we move down the multi-platform distribution path? Are you interested in helping APTN achieve our strategic goals, while using leading edge technology and sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team? If you said yes, then we are ready to hear from you!
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Research, plan, project-manage, install, maintain, modify, troubleshoot and repair all types of broadcast equipment, systems, facilities, and Broadcast IT systems;
• Liaises with internal IT staff to ensure hardware and application compliance with corporate standards and policies;
• Communicate and provide remote technical support with a variety of people both internal and external;
• Assist and support all operations and news staff in on-air operations relevant to a broadcasting environment;
• Research and incorporate new and emerging broadcast & media technologies.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A degree/diploma in Broadcasting or related field with 5 years’ experience related to Broadcast Technology;
• A knowledge of IT computer systems, networks, network shares, routers and switches, FTP and file-based workflows and general security;
• A strong ability to install and configure computer hardware and software, and troubleshoot computer-related problems in support of Broadcast and Digital Media technology, is required;
• Working knowledge of Avid, Cisco, iTX, Vizrt, Imagine, Evertz, Ross and Sony equipment is considered an asset;
• A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract;
• Travel and shift work required.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Wednesday July 8, 2020.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment- all interviews will be held via teleconference.