Manager of Communications – Bilingual (Canada-wide)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve success and overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
We are seeking a top performer who will lead the development, implementation and evaluation of communications and PR strategies to drive the promotion of APTN, its programs and services across various market audiences. Do you love the challenges of leading a team and its multiple projects? If you said yes, this is the opportunity for you.
• Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to direct reports;
• Assists the director of communications with the development and implementation of organizational communication and PR strategies that support organizational objectives, branding and the strategic positioning of APTN;
• Manages corporate communications projects, internal processes/workflows, and ensures that deadlines are met while fostering positive relationships with various internal departments;
• Plans and develops communications and public relations strategies and the resulting activities (media releases, story pitches, editorial content, supporting materials, press/publicity events, media inquiries and requests, etc.);
• Responsible for approving all final versions of public facing English and French copy for various platforms;
• Oversees the development, update and implementation of the APTN communication style guide to ensure a consistent voice;
• Monitors the direction and supervision of key suppliers and expenditures related to departmental activity;
• Participates in the planning and preparation of various meetings as they relate to communications activities;
• Participates in the development and implementation of long-term organizational strategic and business communication plans;
• Assists with the preparation of the departmental annual work plan, budget, cash flow projections and reports;
• Responsible for human resources related functions including: interviewing, recruiting and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline and proven related experience;
• Expertise in written and verbal English and French, superior communication skills, combined with exceptional creative, writing and editing skills;
• Ability to manage, execute and deliver multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
• Supervisory or managerial experience;
• Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives is an asset;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before August 25, 2021.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.